Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ultrasun

I could wax lyrical about the importance of sun protection all day long, and as the sun is now out (finally) I thought now would be a good time to do that.
I first heard about Ultrasun on QVC, and have to admit,  I thought it sounded too good to be true.
I didn't think a 'once a day application' would protect me against the sun in this country let alone the sun in a foreign climate.



Part of the sales patter was that this would be good for pigmentation marks and I do have a couple of small patches on my face (easily covered, no-one would ever know but they still make me paranoid...not so long ago they were cute freckles) so I placed an order.
Since then I haven't looked back.
I use the cream every morning whatever the weather in place of a moisturiser. It's a thicker formulation than a standard moisturiser, and I was slightly worried as my skin tends to be oily with a tendency to break out, but this dries matt and doubles as a perfect make up base/primer.
I have no more shine throughout the day than I would get if I didn't use Ultrasun, and I certainly haven't had any additional breakouts.
I apply to my face, neck and décolletage  after a shower and let it sink in for 20 minutes before applying make up. It takes no where near that long to sink in, but Ultrasun do recommend applying 15 - 20 minutes before applying anything else.
It's water resistant and suitable for sensitive skin, and to know I am protected against the harmful rays with one application is great - apart from that, this is an anti ageing formula so it's a win win situation all round. 
I can now go out in the sun and not fear the pigmentation worsening - it just doesn't.
Ultrasun SPF 30 for face has accompanied me through holidays in The Maldives where the sun is so strong.
I can NEVER be without this, it truly is my desert island product.
My one piece of advice to anyone would be to protect your skin from the sun - I only wish someone had told me this in my late teens when I was melting a jar of coconut oil to use in place of an SPF.




2 comments:

  1. Haha the teenage sunbathing thing - its criminal! Have often seen ultrasun on qvc and wondered if its any good - i might get some then!

    ReplyDelete