Sunday 9 September 2012

Botanics Organic Face Soothing Cleansing Balm

When things are going so right, I don't understand why our beloved beauty brand companies change the products we love.
Boots Botanics cleansing balm is a prime example.
The previous version had so many good reviews on the Boots website that I fail to understand why they would change the product to the extent that they did - afterall, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I loved the previous version. A beautiful rich balm which removed every scrap of make up. The cloth was next to useless, but I have many other muslin cloths which I used as a replacement.  Some found the fragrance a little odd, but I have to say, I liked it - a kind of citrus mixed with a medicinal smell.
I loved this cleanser.
When I found Boots had taken if off the shelf, my heart sank, there was sheer panic when I couldn't replace my last pot, however, I was delighted to find it on their website a few weeks ago having been repackaged - or so I thought!

Although the newer version still removes every scrap of make up, the smell and texture are both very different. The consistency is still the same, a hard waxy cleanser, but is now much more greasy on the skin once it has melted. It's not as easy to remove. Having oily skin I feel the need to use a toner afterwards. The scent has almost definitely gone now and I can only describe the smell as slightly 'fatty'



I tend to spend a good 10 minutes each evening massaging the balm, containing Shea Butter, Rosehip and Jojoba oil into the skin on my face and neck before removing with a cloth soaked in warm water to draw out make up, dirt and impurities - the whole process is a bit like a work out for the face.

I haven't tried other balms such as Eve Lom or Emma Hardie so I really don't have another balm I can compare this too, however with a price point of £5.99 for 70ml's, I think I will continue to use this despite my negative comments above, as long as I follow with a toner (on my non Alpha H Liquid Gold nights) to remove the greasy feel and smell.



What is your favourite night time cleanser?

No comments:

Post a Comment